Tommy and the Order of the Cosmic Champions

 My Rating -4/5

Being a realistic person by nature, I don’t usually read novels belonging to the fantasy genre. This was my first fantasy book and I was completely smitten by it. This book made me nostalgic about my childhood days. The main problem in those days was about choosing the flavour of the ice cream.

This book chronicles the journey of Tommy who faces the problems that all of us faced in some intensity like bullying and being fascinated by fictional characters among others.

When life became surrounded by a plethora of problems, Tommy finds solace in the fictional world made up of fictional characters akin to us the readers. Thus, he applies for a contest to create his action figure.

The author has done fabulous work in creating an engaging story and has captured the essence of growing up in a small town with such detail. The author has also depicted in an outstanding way, how sometimes we get to learn the most important lessons of our lives amidst the circumstances the nightmares are made up of.

This book has reduced my aversion to the fantasy genre to a great extent. I will surely read more fantasy books in the future.

 


 

Comments

Popular Posts