The Christie Affair

 My Rating-4/5

As I am a fan of thrillers and mysteries, so this book based upon the life of the queen of mysteries Agatha Christie seemed an obvious choice for me.

  This book is based upon the infamous  eleven day disappearance of Agatha Christie in 1926.But just to make it clear, this book is a fictionalized version and searching information regarding that time will do you no good.

  This story is told from the perspective of Nan, the mistress of Archie Christie for whom he left his wife Agatha Christie. 

  This book is an amalgamation of the elements of betrayal, revenge, forgiveness, hope and redemption. 

  I found the beginning of this book to be a bit slow as I like many other readers assumed it to be based on real incidents.But,when my mind accepted the fact that this book is a blend of history and fiction,it held my attention and kept me intrigued. 

  I especially like the concept where women instead of being portrayed as each other's enemies in the light of certain circumstances, are instead shown to be each other's allies.

  This book is a must read for all true crime aficionados as it provides you a peek into the tumultuous life of the well-known mystery writer Agatha Christie.  This book also  helps us to understand the origin of some of Agatha Christie's iconic characters. 




Comments

Popular Posts